What will the development of space technologies and the whole Polish space sector look like? Can you identify the goals and key objectives facing this industry? What direction will space technology be heading in the coming years? All the above topics will be brought up at the conference organised by Kozminski University, to which you are kindly invited.
The event inaugurates the cooperation between the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Kozmiski University (ALK) within the ESALab platform. The conference will begin at 11:00 a.m. today (19 February) and EXATEL is a partner of the event.
EXATEL experts on space technology development
We particularly recommend the second part “Polish space innovators and their drivers – what distinguishes Polish space sector?” which starts at 12:45 p.m. During this part the presentations will be given by two EXATEL experts – the first one by dr hab. inż. Teodor Buchner, who will talk about the goals of the Polish and European space sector: In space more is different: Polish and European space sector and their goals.
On the other hand, Kamil Obłodecki will talk about EXATEL’s new project, the Earth Observation Satellite System, and the use of SAR remote sensing to detect floods in a presentation titled Flood studies using satellite Synthetic Aperture Radar – Polish space sector perspective.
Both Prof. Jan Woerner (Johann-Dietrich Wörner), Director General of the ESA, and Prof. Bertrand Goldman from the International Space University have announced their participation in the conference as well as a wide group of Polish experts and entrepreneurs.
- 11:00-12:30 Inauguration of the cooperation between the European Space Agency and Kozminski University
- 11:00-11:10 –Speech of Prorector, Prof. Robert Rządca and POLSA Director General – dr hab. Grzegorz Wrochna
- 11:10-11:20 – Speech of Prof. Jan Woerner – President of the European Space Agency
- 20-11:30 – Prospects of cooperation of ESA Lab and Kozminski University – Maria Gabriella Sarah (ESA) & Prof. Katarzyna Malinowska (Kozminski University)
- 11:30-11:40 – Impact of space on the Polish economy – Stephanie Willekens (ESA)
- 11:40-12:30 – Round table: “Academic cooperation for supporting European space economy”: Prof. Alina Badescu (Politehnica of Bucharest), Prof. Laszlo Bacsardi (Budapest University of Technology and Economics), Prof. Bertrand Goldman (International Space University, Strasbourg), Prof. Robert Rządca (Kozminski University), Bartosz Sokoliński (Industry Development Agency JSC), Prof. Iwona Stanisławska (Centre for Space Research, Warsaw), Prof. Jan Woerner (European Space Agency) This part will be moderated by Adam Dąbrowski, POLSA.
- 12:45-14:00“Polish space innovators and their drivers – what distinguishes Polish space sector?” Panel devoted to the concepts, ideas and projects of the Polish space entrepreneurs
- Aleksandra Kozawska (PSPA, Lunares) “Future foresight for space”
- Marek Krawczyk (KP Labs) “Taming space technology”
- dr hab. inż. Teodor Buchner (EXATEL, Politechnika Warszawska) “In space more is different: Polish and European space sector and their goals”
- Kamil Obłodecki (EXATEL) “Flood studies using satellite Synthetic Aperture Radar – Polish space sector perspective”
- Adrian Parzybut (Institute of Aviation)“‘Green’ space propulsion for the future”
How to join the conference?
In order to listen to EXATEL experts, register for the conference “Meet the laboratory of the European Space Agency at the Koźmiński University” 19.02.21 (jotform.com)