Research and development_
The future is today and at EXATEL we are shaping it. We do not wait for others to make moves. It is for a clear reason that we are the safest network in Poland.
For an organisation, Research & Development (R&D) projects are always an opportunity. Thanks to them, we can constantly improve our services, introduce innovations, and identify new directions for action. However, they also carry some risks. After all, these are research works – not all of them have to be successful, the timing cannot always be well predicted, and sometimes the results find a completely different application than we originally thought. Therefore, a mature organization never conducts its research in only one direction. This is what we do at EXATEL – we plan our R&D activities broadly:
- We explore new concepts for network architectures
- We develop original software in the area of SDN (Software Defined Networking) and CyberSecurity and implement it in services
- On it, we build experimental network hardware and test proprietary algorithms
- We follow the latest trends in telecommunications and think about how they can be used in our services
- We find entirely new directions for development. New methods of information transfer, post-quantum security, photonics, advanced satellite communications – just to name a few.
These projects are of strategic importance to us. In 10 or 20 years, our services will be based on their results. These are technologies that are not so well known outside the labs. However, we are not going to wait for others to put them into everyday use. We will do it ourselves!
With the support of the National Centre for Research and Development, EXATEL has developed and introduced an operator-class anti-DDoS (TAMA) and is working on its further development – ARFA project. We also create and develop technologies based on the innovative concept of Software-Defined Networking – SDNbox and SDNcore. The development of SDN technology will make it possible to fully implement 5G technology in Poland.
Learn about our R&D projects:
Wireless optical communication
TAMA - proprietary Anti-DDoS
Development of SDN technologies at EXATEL
Mobile technologies (5G and 6G) at EXATEL
The projects are co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund under the Smart Growth Operational Programme and by the National Centre for Research and Development under the “Ścieżka dla Mazowsza” programme.